Thursday, April 14, 2011

Wedding and whatnots

So, I've been Missing from all the Action at the blog spot. The nice part about this prolonged absence is that I have plenty of reading material for the long break!

The Tragedy-- I MISSED THE BAD POETRY SLAM!!!! AHHHH!!! LACKSCROFT AND ROE!!!!!

And now, I should probably say something of note. Perhaps explain my disappearance.

Well, it so happens that I am getting married. I was not quite aware, when I said yes to the wonderful man that I am marrying that a wedding would be part of this package deal.

Or I should say, I did not realize that a WEDDING is a vicious, ugly beast that I must battle on a day to day basis and hope to someday slay or be slain.

Do not be deceived by fluffy notions of romance. Weddings are vicious vicious creatures. My only hope is to survive the navigation of heinous details such as color scheme ( should the yellow be butter, bright, or pale---I must say this one IS hard as I have no idea what the difference between the three are...is there a "normal" yellow?), flaky or non flaky pie crust ( does it matter? It's pie crust? and why can't I sample?), and how to properly welcome the guests( usually hello suffices and a nice chat about what not, but apparently you need to do other things, like impress them with baskets of goodies and maps of the area and give them bathing supplies,)  and other things that seem to threaten my general sunny outlook of the world and wonder if I'm going insane....

2 comments:

  1. That joke is the best. And I do hope you don't really go insane... it might be interesting for everyone else, but not so much for you.

    I'm particular fond of sunshine yellow and saffron yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe the weddings and whatnots have taken over our lives. I've been so busy writing and freaking myself out about that - trying to improve. Going out there and actually meeting other authors...

    And Terrwyn, don't feel guilty because you haven't written anything or posted your letter. We'll get back into the swing of things. After the wedding, after things have settled down.

    Shall we plan a revival for the end of June?

    ReplyDelete