Thursday, April 14, 2011

I will try again and again.

I have discover something most unusual. It was on the top shelf, buried under a stack of old sheet music, in an obscure bookshop; wrapped in brown paper and twine - it appears to be a collection of letters written ages ago. The paper is badly stained and nearly crumbles beneath my fingers, but I'm determined to unravel its secrets. 

Success! I've figured out it is a correspondence between two cousins (and royalty no less) Princess Angevine of Winding and Princess Mirth of Carentas. The girls have both suffered some misfortune; Ange has been betrothed in a fatal alliance, while Mirth has lost her kingdom and must live as a peasant in a woodcutters cottage. This warrants further study...

The first seven letters have been translated and are presented here for everyone to read and make comments on. I must say, I'm curious to know what will happen when Ange finally reaches the Kingdom of Geyona, where someone intends of kill her. Will her disguise work or will tragedy prevail? And how will Mirth survive her new peasant's life with her two numskull brothers and a sick mother? This Stranger who follows her, he is not who he seems - I wonder.

As soon as I know more about their adventures, what the fates hold for Ange and Mirth, I will let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment