Friday, April 15, 2011

Speaking of Weddings.....

England is in for another fairy tale romance!!!!

Prince William and Kate Middleton will be getting married April 29th, at 11am. I am very excited about this wedding because it not only gives me ideas for my own, but also makes me feel so much better about my small, cozy Great Plains wedding.

For instance: The couple is inviting 1,900 guests! Yikes. I don't know if I even know that many people!
Kate has three wedding dresses in case the original is leaked! ( I now do not feel so guilty for having two wedding dresses.)
And the happy couple is forced to endure their faces being plastered all over shoddy mugs and bags and other cheap souvenir items.

( the love mug is particularly fabulous)


picture taken from http://williamkate.org/tag/william-and-kate-memorabilia/

But when all is said and done, it's pretty fabulous. And you have to admit, you kinda want a mug....:)

Though, I am curious to find out how all this planning is done! It is fabulous research for our own stories-- Ange off to marry a man not of her choosing and well, poor Mirth--  I'm sure she would have enjoyed a very lavishly royal wedding. And probably would have had five wedding dresses and worn them all...!

3 comments:

  1. the love mug is the one with two handles? That's not a sugar bowl???

    You're right about Mirth though, she would have five wedding dresses, at least. Ange is soooo not into the wedding planning, and she particularly hates being fitted.

    Not that I know how a fitting works. Terrwyn. You're my expert ok. When you have your dresses fited. What exactly happens? You wear the dress and they (the seamstress/tailor person) pins it to fit you? Do they ever accidently poke you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, they accidently/purposefully poke you.

    and yes, when you have your dress fitted they put needles and stuff in you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, they basically sew you into the dress?

    That's probably an odd way of putting. What I mean is they make the dress fit your body, instead of being an all purpose dress. So that it fits right.

    But I have more questions...

    Do you have to stand there with your arms in weird position? For some reason I picture Ange having to hold her arms out and over her head.

    And, does it take long? What if you had multiple dresses? Would that take hours to pin each one and change in and out of the different dresses?

    ReplyDelete