Friday, April 1, 2011

Goodness Even More

Oh dear, my dear,
who wrote this poetry here?
Why tis I!

Goodness me, yes I see.
Your hand must hurt, do your fingers ache?
Not a bit, I swear.
(No swearing.)
(Sorry.)

Oh good, I'm so relieved,
just a moment if you please,
let me read what you wrote

How many pages do you have?
Twenty Nine.
And, do they all rhyme?
Of course, my dear.
That's quite a lot.
Yes, I know.

If you prefer I will recite them for you my dear.
Oh no, that's quite all right, silently is better.
Then read on, read them all, if you would.
Yes, I shall, though it may take all day,
and what a splendid way to spend my day!

But,
oh no, oh woe
a sudden fear strikes my thoughts,
what if these are lost?
No worries, never fear
I will write you more, my dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment