Thursday, August 11, 2011

Progress, I think

I'm here today with a progress report. When I put together the first draft of the Goosey Manuscript I split it into two parts. Part one ended with my last letter, which I always felt was the half way point in the story. (Perhaps now, with the new developments in Mirth's story, the next letter is the half way point.)

But then I discovered this niffy progress meter.



During NaNoWriMo it was fun to have a goal, right?

Well I've tallied up our total word count, then figured out how many words we've revised so far, and tada:

27384 / 74907 (36.56%)


A progress meter. Ah! Only 36.56% done? Are you kidding me?

I was a bit shocked to see the results myself. So according to the word count we haven't yet reached the half way point. Perhaps this is the first act climax? I guess that fits, since we are about 1/3 of the way into the story. Next comes the middle act, and then the third and final. Oooh, I'm so excited, aren't you?

I shall continue to report on our progress as we go along.
(Kudos for the meter )

Update: And to keep us motivated I added the gadget to the side menu. So we will always know our progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment