Friday, March 4, 2011

Review: The Disapperance of Haruhi Suzumiya

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi Suzumiya, #4)The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya by Nagaru Tanigawa

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This is why I love Nagaru Tanigawa's Haruhi Suzumiya books: "Everything had been normal up until this point." and this, "Game over. If this was somebody's idea of a psychological attack, they'd certainly succeeded. A job well done. So, who was behind this experiment? Was it Haruhi, the Data Overmind, or a new enemy of this world . . ?" and, before I get too carried away, one more quote I loved was this one, "Obviously I had less imagination than a cave cricket."


There are many reasons to love Haruhi Suzumiya, and the fourth in the series did everything right for me. Sure, I'm familiar with the anime, seasons one and two, but I haven't seen the movie yet, so my only experience with The Disapperance of Hruhi Suzumiya is the book here. This was new material for me, so you can imagine my enthusiaum was pretty high and the book didn't disappoint.

If you want more of Kyon, Koizumi, Yuki Nagato, and Miss Asahina - all the SOS Brigage you have to get this book. This time around our main man Kyon gets to unravel a mystery by traveling through time. Where are you Haruhi?

By the way I've signed up at Goodreads.com. I'm keeping track of all the books I've read, and if I put up a review, then post the reviews here as well - when appropriate. I've set a pretty high goal for myself this year. I'm going to read 100 books! I've done 14 of 100 so far, so I have a long way to go.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment