Monday, December 20, 2010

Let the poetry slam begin!

You know what this website is lacking?

Some poetry!

I will amend that right away.

These are some classic Lackscroft and Roe poems recently discovered scribbled all over one of my notebooks, imagine that. I have been given instructions to share these poems with the entire world.

We've come to sing for you
a tune that is quite true.
We travel to and fro
for all the world must know
of this sweet, yet sour tale
so listen to us wail.
We'll try to keep it short
and not offend this court.
If this promise we cannot keep
with us you'll have to weep.
But do not despair just yet
for you and I just met
and the rousing tale begins below
when we start sing the next canto.
...
                                   [The next seventy lines were omited due to the editors inability to read the authors' bad handwriting. This editor apologizes for any weeping or nashing of teeth caused by this omition. Instead please enjoy the folllow much shorter poems.]

---

Never again will I complain
if you would only call my name
and rescue me from this dark place
where I lay waiting for your kiss.

---

Pretty Maiden
do not jump into the sea
why, oh why do you flee from me?
I shall stand here on this rock and shout
until you hear me, or I lose my voice.

---

I see trees that are not my own
my own, my own.
So I stand here all alone
alone, alone.
waiting for one like you
like you, like you.
to climb this hill to be with me
with me, with me.

The traveling poets will make their official arrival soon, when they do, you can expect even more poetry to be posted. Ahhahahahahah. (No that's not a sinister laugh, it's gleeful, sinisterly gleeful.)

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait!

    The Pretty Maiden one is quite funny. I love how clueless and self centered the poets are!

    :)

    And I get another letter!! woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete