Monday, August 23, 2010

And now....an envelope.



Taken by Goldwin, son of the Martris, fastest carrier of Clevis, son of Triad. Along with Iornhoof, son of Star and Mooncrest, breed Scarlati.
Passed to Anias, son of Blains the blacksmith, son of Craig the warrior of the Lykains  Along with Tam, foal of Diadim and Kryles, who pulled chariots in the old war. Breed of Scarlati and Milliant.



To be delivered into the hands of the gentle Princess Angevine Iantheia of the Castle of Harmony Wind, Winding.

From her dark cousin Princess Mirthyane Anthaina of Carentas Kingdom of the Fleet Footed Steeds.

Lost, in a bet brought on by too much beer, to  Mies the sure footed son of Fris, the wanderer and Kaytly his wife who scoured the hills in search of her lost love.
Read by Allens, the minstrel of the golden harp, son of Trey who sang with a golden voice.
Delivered to  Unknown
Reposted by Brey, a man of little words and little known family.
Run by Pant, the short runner, son of Shorhio
Given to Asmatha, the swift of foot, but short of breath.
Passed by ‘Otta breath, sorry I can’t run’, a bowlegged shepherd.

9 comments:

  1. I like envelopes. This has to be the best part of the whole story. Do you think we get too carried away with it though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I've changed my mind. Even when the letter sections get really insanely long, I still like them. I say we keep them as is, and let an editor decide what to cut, what to keep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That means finding the right editor to sell the story to, who won't butcher everything. It really is unique and the story within the letters is powerful, so we have to do this. Submit it and sell it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, you are brilliant for starting the envelopes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I concur! I love the envelopes and all the interesting funny characters that appear on them. I didn't quite know how to introduce on them on the blog...except for to announce that it was an envelope.....

    Yes, the editor has a right find job there. That's what they are paid for or whatnot so I think they should deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol 'too much beer' and the 'bet' you mention forshadows what happens in the letter from Mirth.

    (angelbird finally makes an attempt at commenting on the revisions)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh right...revisions....hey, so I was wondering--I think I need to make it more clear that Ironhoof is a horse...do you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ironhoof is a very good horse name and since you mention he is the son of Star (which is also a very good horse name) and you mention the breed, its fine.
    It never confused me.

    ReplyDelete